By Sanford Weisberg
Praise for the Third Edition
"...this is a wonderful ebook that can simply be used as a direction text..."
—International Statistical Institute
The Fourth Edition of Applied Linear Regression provides a radical replace of the elemental conception and technique of linear regression modeling. Demonstrating the sensible functions of linear regression research options, the Fourth Edition uses fascinating, real-world routines and examples.
Stressing relevant strategies comparable to version development, figuring out parameters, assessing healthy and reliability, and drawing conclusions, the recent version illustrates easy methods to improve estimation, self assurance, and trying out strategies basically by using least squares regression. whereas retaining the available charm of every earlier edition,Applied Linear Regression, Fourth Edition features:
- Graphical tools under pressure within the preliminary exploratory part, research section, and summarization part of an analysis
- In-depth insurance of parameter estimates in either uncomplicated and intricate types, variations, and regression diagnostics
- Newly further fabric on subject matters together with trying out, ANOVA, and variance assumptions
- Updated technique, equivalent to bootstrapping, cross-validation binomial and Poisson regression, and glossy version choice methods
Applied Linear Regression, Fourth Edition is a great textbook for upper-undergraduate and graduate-level scholars, in addition to a suitable reference consultant for practitioners and utilized statisticians in engineering, enterprise management, economics, and the social sciences.
Read or Download Applied Linear Regression (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) PDF
Similar probability & statistics books
This book’s first variation has been greatly stated via researchers in assorted fields. the next are excerpts from experiences. “Inequalities: idea of Majorization and its functions” advantages robust compliment. it truly is leading edge, coherent, good written and, most significantly, a excitement to learn. … This paintings is a important source!
Creation to likelihood, moment variation, discusses likelihood idea in a mathematically rigorous, but obtainable manner. This one-semester simple chance textbook explains very important ideas of chance whereas delivering worthwhile workouts and examples of genuine international purposes for college kids to think about.
Martingale restrict idea and Its program discusses the asymptotic homes of martingales, really as regards key prototype of probabilistic habit that has large purposes. The e-book explains the thesis that martingale concept is significant to likelihood conception, and likewise examines the relationships among martingales and procedures embeddable in or approximated via Brownian movement.
Contributions to statistical data specializes in the techniques, methodologies, and methods excited by records. The publication is gifted to Professor P. C. Mahalanobis at the social gathering of his seventieth birthday. the choice first bargains details at the restoration of ancillary details and combinatorial houses of in part balanced designs and organization schemes.
- Developments in Statistics: v. 3
- Simplicity, Complexity and Modelling (Statistics in Practice)
- Nonlinear Time Series: Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs on Statistics & Applied Probability)
- Probability Theory: An Introductory Course (Springer Textbook)
Additional resources for Applied Linear Regression (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)
Applied Linear Regression (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) by Sanford Weisberg