By Ramesh Sivanpillai
Biological and Environmental risks, dangers, and Disasters offers an built-in examine significant affects to the Earth’s biosphere. a lot of those are brought on by illnesses, algal blooms, bugs, animals, species extinction, deforestation, land degradation, and comet and asteroid moves that experience vital implications for people.
This quantity, from Elsevier’s Hazards and failures Series, presents an in-depth view of threats, starting from microscopic organisms to celestial gadgets. views from either average and social sciences offer an in-depth figuring out of strength impacts.
- Contributions from specialist ecologists, environmental, organic, and agricultural scientists, and public overall healthiness experts chosen through a world-renowned editorial board
- Presents the most recent examine on damages, causality, monetary affects, fatality charges, and preparedness and mitigation
- Contains tables, maps, diagrams, illustrations, and images of damaging processes
Read Online or Download Biological and Environmental Hazards, Risks, and Disasters (Hazards and Disasters) PDF
Similar earth sciences books
The ebook is a complete compilation of all elements of the geology of Northwest Borneo (Sarawak, Brunei and Sabah) and the contiguous South China and Sulu Seas. The sedimentary formations are defined, their palaeontology tabulated and a while mentioned. Stratigraphic charts illustrate their relationships around the entire sector.
Bringing jointly students of human geography, environmental sociology, legislation, economics and foreign coverage from Finland, Russia, Sweden and Germany, this publication examines how neighborhood groups and companies comply with transition and institutional adjustments in Northwest Russia. a special and critical part of the ebook is that it analyzes the legislation and criminal associations, targeting how these inquisitive about legislation use or abuse it, relating to unofficial associations and the interaction of other curiosity teams in governing wooded area and fishery assets.
This quantity comprises papers giving an interdisciplinary evaluation of 12 significant rift structures from North and South the United States, Africa, Europe and Asia. those papers are written via a world staff of educational and commercial experts each one of whom is such a lot acquainted with the respective rift. The analyzed rifts have been chosen at the foundation of availability of an as-complete-as-possible geological and geophysical info base.
A obra enriquece a geografia brasileira por meio da abordagem cultural pós-80, e ao colocar a prática da fé em sua espacialidade no contexto pós-moderno. A originalidade desta leitura está em repensar a religião e a religiosidade num pace marcado por múltiplas visões de mundo. A singularidade da Hierópolis Carismática de Cachoeira Paulista ocorre na fantástica transformação espacial que tanto os sacerdotes como os visitantes qualificam o lugar com sua identidade religiosa num contínuo fervor religioso.
- Earth on the Edge: Science for a Sustainable Planet: Proceedings of the IAG General Assembly, Melbourne, Australia, June 28 - July 2, 2011: 139 (International Association of Geodesy Symposia)
- Geology Adventures
- Ocean Modeling in an Eddying Regime (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- The Ice Age
- Agricultural Revolution in England: The Transformation of the Agrarian Economy 1500–1850 (Cambridge Studies in Historical Geography)
- Disrupted Cities: When Infrastructure Fails
Extra info for Biological and Environmental Hazards, Risks, and Disasters (Hazards and Disasters)
Biological and Environmental Hazards, Risks, and Disasters (Hazards and Disasters) by Ramesh Sivanpillai