By Sarah Hodges
Read Online or Download Contraception, Colonialism and Commerce: Birth Control in South India, 1920–1940 (The History of Medicine in Context) PDF
Similar asian history books
An ambitious--in truth, audacious--book. so far as i do know, not anyone else has tried any such wide-ranging research, and comparability, extensive of those countries--which aren't merely the main populous nations on this planet yet one of the most intricate ones. i don't understand someone else this day who might have both the temerity or the power to make the type of refined, sophisticated, comparative research that Taylor does of those nice nations.
Targeting NGOs that paintings within the parts of rural improvement, girls, and kids, the authors' target is to make clear the contributions of the sphere within the spheres of social welfare, empowerment, provider, and rural improvement. furthermore, the issues and problems skilled by means of NGOs are analyzed and defined.
Myanmar has made very important development towards democratic reform because President Thein Sein’s civilian executive got here to energy in early 2011. major demanding situations, despite the fact that, stay and will scuttle efforts at switch. Key between those are the peace procedure among the govt and armed ethnic teams within the border areas; communal tensions in Rakhine country bordering Bangladesh and in relevant Myanmar; and the loose and reasonable behavior of the 2015 common elections, that can additionally influence the peace approach and communal kinfolk.
Drawing on twenty years of ethnographic learn in Sulawesi, Indonesia, Tania Murray Li bargains an intimate account of the emergence of capitalist family between indigenous highlanders who privatized their universal land to plant a increase crop, cacao. Spurred through the wish of finishing their poverty and isolation, a few prospered, whereas others misplaced their land and struggled to maintain their households.
- The World of the Khanty Epic Hero-Princes: An Exploration of a Siberian Oral Tradition (University of Cambridge Oriental Publications)
- Race and Migration in Imperial Japan: The Limits of Assimilation (Sheffield Centre for Japanese Studies/Routledge Series)
- The Royal Hunt in Eurasian History (Encounters with Asia)
- Confronting Security Challenges on the Korean Peninsula - North Korea Military Threat, Human Rights Abuses, ROK-U.S. Military Alliance, Kim Regime, A.Q. Khan, Sinking of the Cheonan
- Multiethnic Japan
- Turkmenistan History: Origins and Early history, Society, Social Structure, the Economy, Government and Politics, Tourism
Extra resources for Contraception, Colonialism and Commerce: Birth Control in South India, 1920–1940 (The History of Medicine in Context)
Contraception, Colonialism and Commerce: Birth Control in South India, 1920–1940 (The History of Medicine in Context) by Sarah Hodges